Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Book Review

Here is another book review for my book Flashbacks in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Surviving the Flood. My book is meant to make you see the point of view of the author so as you read you can put yourself in my shoes.

It gives the readers different emotions some cry for the child or are angry at the parents for what I went through. I received a five star on the following on Amazon.com

I normally don't read memoirs except for essays for school that were good and contain mostly happy events and a novel "A Child Called "It": One Child's Courage to Survive" by Dave J. Pelzer . I prefer fiction, something light and fun, but when I started reading the first chapter online of Leslie Raddatz's book, "Post - Traumatic Stress Disorder: Surviving the Flood" I felt like it was something I needed to read.


 Leslie says that no matter what we have gone through, there is always someone out there who went through something worse. Still, I can't imagine many, other than perhaps Mr. Pelzer, going through something worse than what Leslie's childhood was like. I see what Leslie went through and see how I really didn't have it so bad, but at the same time I wonder what hidden issues I might still be hanging onto, but I ignore as I go through life.

I was concerned about my reactions as I read about Leslie's memories, because I have seen where people have cried, but instead I felt anger. It wasn't until chapter 20 when tears started forming. When Leslie spoke about how God was there with her during her healing.

I am going to share this book with my own counselor. Even though what I went through was mild in comparison, I wonder if perhaps the minor problems I have still need to be dealt with. Thank you Leslie, this book was wonderful to read, though I ache that you had to go through a childhood like this. Bless you.


Bev

After you read my book, let me know how you felt by emailing me at lraddatz1@gmail.com or by leaving a comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment