Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Book Review of : A Woman's Worth by Marianne Willamson!

A Woman’s Worth by Marianne Williamson

I just listened to Marianne Williamson being interviewed by Patricia Rankin's "Positive Living" radio show live on http://www.630wpro.com./  Call in number (1-800-321-9776. 
If you ever get the chance to tune in you will enjoy the show.  Patricia is a very good radio host and she has a lot of insight to share.
Book Review of A Woman's Worth:
I see how my experiences in life are true to this process of being the princess and ultimately entering into the Queen stage of life.

Example: 
I experienced a lot of severe parental neglect, physical, emotional, sexual abuse: molestation and rape.  I developed Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, somatization and conversion disorders.  For a long time, I was unhappy and felt like a victim. As I went through therapy and started to heal and understand Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I made the transition from victim into a SURVIVOR (Queen).
I decided instead of letting my abusers win, by my silence, I would find my voice to help others learn how to cope with mental illness and their past traumas so they can live a happy life. Taking a negative and turning it into a positive by writing my memoir.
This book is a must read.  This is only one part of the book it also covers relationships, spirituality and positive thinking. 
I am very inspired by this author and this is the first book I have read by her.  I look forward to reading her other books.
Leslie Raddatz

No comments:

Post a Comment