Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Photo Shoot today with the Affinity Health Magazine Team!

Photo shoot today! 

It was complete with a makeup artist /hair stylist and the Affinity photography team.

I felt like a star.  The photo shoot took place in a beautiful chapel.  It took two hours! Wow, I was impressed with the dedication the team had to shoot the right photos to accomplish the goal of the article and at the same time honor my healing journey and message to peers. 

They also took special note of my book: Flashbacks in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Surviving the Flood that was published July 6, 2012. They took the time to learn about my story and to get to know me personally.

I will be in the Affinity Health Magazine in the January 2014 issue. The Affinity magazine has an audience of over 300,000 people.  

The article will bring awareness about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. It is not only Veterans that get PTSD but also civilians that experienced traumatic events in their lives.  I am hopeful that it will begin to lessen the stigma surrounding PTSD. 

The article tells the story of my survival and healing journey with PTSD. It also offers hope to peers that they can make it from Crisis into the Recovery stage of PTSD. 

I will offer the Affinity Health Magazine link on my website as soon as it is published so keep your eyes open for it in January.

Buy Flashbacks in PTSD...for yourself, a family member or a friend for Christmas ... special promotions at

Thank you to the entire Affinity Magazine Team!

Leslie Raddatz
Author and Peer Advocate

No comments:

Post a Comment