Monday, August 4, 2014

Stereotypes, Prejudgement and Discrimination!


Good Evening,

I just wanted to tell everyone Hi.

The first semester of my Masters in Counseling has been a great learning experience. I have learned a lot and reflected on my life a lot.  I can apply a lot of what I am learning to my life experiences and to therapies I first hand experienced.  This will make me an effect counselor.  I can't wait to get through the program and to start working with clients. 

I have learned about Multiculurism.  There are so many stereotypes that people hold that can be

damaging to the well-being of our society. There are also prejudgment and discrimination going on in our society.   I am learning about each culture so I am able to counsel clients from each culture with empathy, understanding, while offering my support and respect for their heritage, traditions, values and beliefs.

Very interesting.

Do you ever prejudge or discriminate others?  Why?  What are some stereotypes that you hold?

These are great topics to talk about!


Leslie Raddatz

No comments:

Post a Comment