Saturday, January 28, 2012

When Writing A Memoir....with delicate subjects like mine...

When writing a memoir it is very important to take care of yourself.  I found out that some of the memories, I wrote about and talked about in the beginning of my healing journey didn't bother me.

Then the more into therapy I got then those memories that didn't bother me snuck up on me and put in a crisis mode for a day or two. This is because my child within is feeling more and more safe and trust my adult self and my therapist to share very deep and disturbing details that was kept silent for 32 years.

I am so happy that I am far enough along in therapy to know how to cope and take care of myself.  Without learning this first, it would have taken me longer to return to normal.  It could also result in hospitalization if you are not careful.

Do you know how to cope with your triggers and comfort your child within?

No comments:

Post a Comment