Saturday, March 17, 2012

Recharging Your Batteries Are Important!

This weekend I am in Michigan spending time with my aunt and uncle at their home.  It is in a small peaceful town,  beautiful surroundings of trees, wildlife and a place to escape my busy life at home.

Being here this weekend, I have realized how much I needed a break from all the work I have been doing with my book, writing the book proposal and promoting my book.  I have missed my family so much.

I needed to be able to recharge my batteries because I was no longer being productive.  I would stare at the computer screen feeling like I had no more to give of myself which is very common with people with PTSD.  If we are not careful we are overachievers  or we over commit ourselves to do tasks for others.  We need to feel the accomplishment or feel needed by others.

I think we are all guilty of this when we have a goal in mind that our families sometimes are put aside.  I will try to have a better balance going forward.

Examine you balance in your life.  Do you have a good balance?  Is your spouse or children complaining that they want more time with you?  Remember to take care of yourself or there will not be anything left for you to take care of your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment