Friday, November 25, 2011

Mental Illness Is Hard to Talk About!

I noticed on my blog that I only have 8 followers but 789 pages were viewed. People from US, Russia, Austria, Netherlands, Ireland, France, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy and Japan. This made me think about the survivors or victims or loved ones that may be afraid to share.

I know that for some people it is hard to talk in public about mental health issues, symptoms or to ask questions in public such as on blogs, facebook, twitter, etc.  Some people are professionals and are not ready to be visible, or afraid that coworkers or their boss will think less of them or will use it against them. 

So I set up a private email account that is designed for those people to have a private conversation with me.  These emails will not be public to anyone and will be kept confidential.  The email address is fanmailforleslieraddatz@gmail.com

If there is a subject that I feel could benefit all the followers, I may talk about it on the blog but only use myself for examples.

Please feel free to write me to ask questions or comment about my blog, etc. 

You could also use me as a person to talk to during your emergency stages of healing.  I know this was the hardest phase of healing for me and that I needed to talk to people other than my family.  It helps if the person you are talking to is a survivor and understands what you are going through.

Leslie Raddatz
The Ultimate Survivor

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder nonprofit with a hot line where general information would given on web and resources for care would be given? Also, a hot line like suicide prevention where survivors could talk and help each other. There would have
    to be some guidelines to follow as one of the
    issues with a survivor is the "stretched boundary" and so it is hard for a survivor to know when enough is enough. All could be done though and all for the good. Something to think about in the future.
    Best, Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janell,

    That would be wonderful to do. I could see this in the future as a way of me and a group. to give back to the community for PTSD victims and survivors.

    Great idea!

    Leslie Raddatz
    Ultimate Survivor

    ReplyDelete